- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice-cold water
Pulse the shortening, sugar, salt, and 4 tablespoons of the butter in a food processor until it has the consistency of a fine meal.
Add the remaining 8 tablespoons butter and pulse until you have pea-sized pieces.
Sprinkle the vodka and water over the flour, and pulse until the dough just comes together.
Evenly divide the dough between 2 pieces of plastic wrap, and gently pat each into a round.
Wrap each round tightly and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour and up to overnight.
Now for the PIE:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15ounces) 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) Evaporated Milk, (Or substitute with equal amount Lactose-Free or Almond Cooking Milk)
Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves in a small bowl. Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
Pour in the pie shell.
Bake in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.