- 1 1/4 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup cacao nibs or chocolate chips whatever you decide
- 1/4 cup organic milled flax seed
- 1/2 cup organic sunbutter (its nut free made from roasted sunflower seeds with no hydrogenated oil or added sugars/salts)
- 2 tablespoons of organic Chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of organic vanilla extract
I recently threw my daughter’s 4th Birthday party and the theme was sustainable, eco-friendly enchanted forest. We made flower crowns and ate paleo snacks. I normally make protein energy balls with peanut butter but with the peanut being enemy #1 (Sorry PB& J sandwiches your 15 minutes are up) these days I decided to substitute with sunflower butter and the results were incredible. Nobody cared about the other low fat, gluten free, vegan snacks and everyone kept asking me who made the protein balls, it was YOURS TRULY so here is my recipe it’s truly a great way to get protein and curb cravings, a win win in my book!
With 7 grams of protein per serving, SunButter Sunflower Butter Energy Balls are low carb, paleo, peanut free, dairy free, gluten free and vegan!”
You mix it all into a bowl place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes take out and then roll into small balls. Each batch yields around 25 balls depending on the size you are rolling them.
They are seriously delicious!!!!! ENJOY!!!!!